This is the new ad that Tamara and Ross worked up today. Of course, the heron picture, which I took, and Jessa edited to remove the background, is the best part - this business is definitely a family affair.
Friday, May 29, 2009
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Bedbugs freak me out. I have enough trouble sleeping in motels but the thought
of bedbugs would keep me up all night. What's a squeamish traveler to do??
If you are travelling and concerned about bedbugs (and you should be, as they're very happy hitch-hikers) ...as soon as you get into your hotel/motel room (or friends or family or wherever):
- leave your luggage by the door - away from the bed!
- completely strip the bed, (me, I would include any mattress cover as well) placing the bedding someplace other than where you've put your luggage
- carefully examine the mattress, paying particular attention to corners, seams, and in the cracks of any furniture
- bedbugs are large enough to see - and they also tend to leave dirt behind
- if you see any possible indications of either - exit stage left, get your money back and find someplace else to stay
Friday, May 22, 2009
We decided to start our new pest control business on Wednesday evening of this week. Now it is Friday and already we have
- a name: Cottage Country Pest Control
- a website ccpestcontrol.com. Lots more to add to it - but the main page is done, and we've added one about spider control and another about managing bats. Lots more to come - geese, mice, bedbugs, roaches, bees, ants, etc. etc.... To begin with, CCPC will deal with any pests covered under Ontario's Structural Exterminator's License, and add services as we obtain additional licenses.
- business cards
- customers (only 2 - but, hey, it's a start)
- equipment purchased and product on its way
- and of course, this blog.
Hmmm...I suppose my next order of business should be to add a link to this blog from the website! Coming right up.
And then I think I might contact my favourite blog designer and set her to work for me again :) I needs me a badge at least - one for this blog and one for the website, I think.
Thursday, May 21, 2009
Those are the sorts of annoying critters I'll be talking about here.
Cottage Country Pest Control provides reliable and responsible pest management services in Barrie, Orillia, Midland, Penetanguishene, Victoria Harbour, Port McNicoll, Honey Harbour, Port Severn, Warminister - well, you get the idea. If you're in the Georgian Bay area - or Simcoe County - or Huronia - or Tiny/Tay Townships, our licensed technician is available to rid you of pests.
For information about our services and specials visit us at Cottage Country Pest Control.